Big Data Solution for Turtlemint
Tutrlemint is India’s leading personalized insurance platform. Turtlemint makes it easy to understand and buy insurance. They currently offer Car insurance, bike insurance, health insurance & term life insurance.
Turtlemint plans to setup skills, infrastructure, technologies and operations in place to leverage data that it possesses or can harness from public domains with the objective of becoming a data driven organization.
To build a Data Lake having as much relevant information as possible. Hence, the chosen use-case is “CRM Dashboard” in Ninja which essentially ensures that all important datasets are being sent to Data Lake ensuring sufficient completeness of the exercise.
Oneture has relevant expertise and experience in making organizations unlock true value of their data and is interested in partnering with them through this journey.
Oneture has been development partner in this journey; following is the list of use cases/features that we have partnered in implementing for Turtlemint
- Building Big data lake for CRM Dashboard
- Customer 360 data for searches and analysis
Proposed Solution & Architecture
These diagrams represent a high level proposed architecture and data pipeline:
Following considerations are undertaken to design the solution.
- Create S3 directory structure for dev/prod
- Setup encryption/decryption on S3
- Setup S3 lockdown rules
- Setup EMR
- Setup data purge policies using S3 lifecycle
- Cloud Formation Templates/Service Portal
- Data Governance
- Operational MongoDB exports to be stored to raw-bucket in S3
- Glue to perform preliminary ETL
Data Storage and Discovery
- S3 part covered as part of cloud infrastructure
- Data Discovery from S3 using Glue
- Create applications for various required use cases
- Fine-tune performance
- Schedule jobs
- Application dashboards
- Application reports
- DB or shared S3 bucket for application results
- Access roles for various AWS services to access data and perform appropriate tasks
- Data governance by logging AWS services used
Tools and Technologies Used
|Front End||NodeJS, ReactJS|
|Build tools||SBT, Apache Maven, NPM|
|Amazon Web Services||EC2, EMR, Glue, KMS, S3, IAM , Cloudwatch, Cloudtrail, VPC, Batch, SNS, Lambda, Cloudformation, QuickSight|
Value To Be Delivered
- Objective of this solution is to give the customer a faster big-data enabled CRM for carrying out their advanced analytics on their data in addition to regular operational tasks and
- Cheaper implementation of new analytical models to improve customer experience by offering the right product to the right customer at the right time and
- Increase operational efficiency by using templates in respective data processes